Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Walk

Still no iPod for my morning walk (I think Max has my charger) so I am left to exercising while listening to the voices inside my head (which is not a bad thing since I came up with a few new ideas. The first half of my walk was dedicated to last night's house party in Everett in my old neighborhood on the street where Priscilla and I grew up. Lot's of fun talking to everyone there. Did I really have six beers? I blame Nemo and his "Kings" card game. Six beers definitely not on my Weight Watchers program (hence the walk around the block this morning). I passed lots of squirrels gathering food for the coming winter, reminding me I am due to write another chapter of the animals of the Fells. I wish I time to talk one of the guided woodland hikes some weekend before the cold weather gets here. I think it would be inspirational. The second half of my walk led to finalizing an idea I have for a Halloween story I can use for my Stoneham Independent column. I'd love to save it for my book of short horror stories, but I think I'll use it for the newspaper and I can always refine it later when I get the book together (cuz who knows how long that will take). The secret to writing is to write. Perhaps I should not take my iPod more often.

No comments: