Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friday the 13th


The nineties came and I stopped blogging because it was too hot. Today was in the 80°s so it wasn't too bad. I went uptown with Woody during my lunch hour. He bought a pair of sneakers in Chinatown. They were "ED" brand (go figure). Every box said size 12 but the Chinese woman told him to ignore that and just try them on. $15. Woody loved them so much he didn't even try to get the price down. I think he could have gotten them for $10. Then it was on to Dunkin Donuts for them to screw up my order once again. What's so hard about making a chocolate iced coffee? Here's a hint, just give me mocha and tell me it's chocolate. I won't even be able to tell the difference. Woody also bought a phone cover off a cart at Downtown Crossing. The vendor was being tended to by the police for some heart problems and an ambulance was arriving to take him to the hospital. Luckily for Woody the vendor from the next cart stepped in to finish the sale. And it's a good thing Woody knows how to operate a lottery machine as he had to go behind the counter in the Chinatown store to punch in a QuikPik for me for the daily number. The woman behind the counter was no help. I lost anyway. Thanks Woody. And tomorrow is Friday the 13th. I feel some good luck coming my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow quite a day downtown. Woody told me all about it. Just thought I would leave my own Afterthought. So here it is.
It's Tuesday July 22nd, 10:23pm and I just finished watching Nancy Drew (2007). Not bad since not too much else was on the tube. If you have time watch it!!! Tomorrow is laundry day! Laundry is lined up and ready to go ! Since we have no washer/dryer it's off to my Mums house to play laundry goddess. Thanks for the blog space. I'll be blogging soon.