Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Sundays

I was going to have a rainy day Sunday with nothing to do but get caught up on everything I had to do during the day so I could have the night to myself. No such luck. My son called to ask for a ride to the house from his apartment in Boston so he could come home to do his laundry. Storrow was a nightmare so it took forever, but I would still be able to get most of my work done early. That is until my wife called to say my parents dropped by for a surprise visit. Did my mother really wear those sweatpants to the wake they just came from? Okay another pleasant obstacle but after dinner I would still have just enough time to do my work. That is until everyone decided to go to Chili's for dinner. After the six of us fitting snugly in a table for four, the car broke down in the parking lot. AAA jumped me and the car died again after they left. A wrench and a coke from Home Depot saved the day. Dead batteries and chicken wings to go (or not to go, that is the question). I can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments: